Friday, August 28, 2015

Cheap and Easy Wall Art & Glitter Love

I had an entire Saturday to myself this past weekend so what girl doesn't decide to go to Hobby Lobby and wander the store for hours?  Well that's what I did and I didn't have anyone asking me why I have to go down the same aisle multiple times.I found a lot of good stuff, so be prepared for a ton of awesome posts!

I came across this awesome scrapbook paper and their entire stock was 50% off, uh yes please! I also love gold. Gold everything. Just wait, you may get sick of it!  At first I had no idea what I wanted to do with it then I figured it would be perfect for a cheap and super easy DIY wall art.

 Next in my mission was an inexpensive 12x12 frame.  Walmart to the rescue for this $7 frame!
 I popped in the scrapbook paper and voila! Instant easy and cheap wall art.  Now the question is where do I want it?
 I kind of liked it here on our entryway table between two of our pictures. 
 Because I felt like the wall art was so easy I wanted to post another project.  I had seen this pencil cup file in the Silhouette Design Store and I also stocked up on some gold glitter card stock at Hobby Lobby on the same trip.  Gold? Glitter? Are you surprised? Yeah, me either!

 I set the blade to 10 after a lot of trial and error.  I would say you will most likely need to cut it twice even with the cut settings set to "double cut".  I tried to get a good picture of the glitter card stock I got, but you can't really tell how thick this stuff is.  Maybe if you have the Curio this would be easier to cut.  Or save yourself a few hundred bucks and buy thinner glitter card stock.

 So I may or may not have forgot to take a picture once it finished cutting and I weeded it, oops!  I bent the tabs up and used my hot glue gun to glue the two pieces together.  Now you have yourself a fun glittered pencil holder!
I hope you enjoyed this Friday post and maybe you will be inspired to make one of these projects this weekend.  If you do I would love to see them! Have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment